The barberry plant with the scientific name Berberis vulgari is a shrub in the form of thorny stems with an average height of 4 meters. Its stem wood is brown or yellow with yellow flowers and oval leaves with saw teeth. Its fruit, which has medicinal and edible uses, is fleshy, oval, small, with a red color and a sour taste. In addition to the fruit of this plant, the bark, root, stem and flower leaves of this plant are also widely used in traditional medicine.
There are two different types of barberry:
Barberry with seeds and without seeds, these two species are used in different ways. For example, barberry paste, which is a concentrated extract of barberry, is used as a pleasant seasoning to make sour stews more sour. Sometimes they add some of this paste to the sauce to flavor the chicken, which causes its sour taste to be considered as a stimulus for the desire to eat.
Ingredients in barberry:
Properties of the fruit of this plant; It contains 4% sugar, about 65% malic acid, which contains tartaric acid and gum.
Many alkaloids, such as Berberine, as a strong antibiotic, destroy all types of microbes and inflammations, especially in the blood and digestive system, and produce many effects in the body.
“Berbamine” and “Oxiacanthin” are present in all parts of this plant, which play an important role in the emergence of nutritional and medicinal properties of this plant.
It is found in which cities
This plant has many species and is planted in different regions of the country, especially Azerbaijan, Lorestan, Fars, Alborz, Tehran, Khorasan, Qochan, Shirvan, Esfarin, Bojnord, Birjand and Qaenat.
Why should you choose Hosna Export Company as your supplier?
We are the exporter of dried barberry.
We follow strict quality control (QC) measures for all our product processes.
You can send your request, we can prepare it for you.
Contact us for more information.
there are several famous species, which are:
Seedless barberry: cultivated as an economic crop.
Barberry Zarafshani: It is a type of wild and seeded barberry.
This plant needs little water and grows well in low water or salty soils, especially in its wild species. It is a thorny plant whose fruit is ready to harvest in autumn.
Resistant to wind, this plant needs lots of air flow and sunlight to grow, propagated by cuttings, cuttings and seeds.
This plant has different classifications for general use in the market, which are:
Plowi , puff, pomegranate seed, mountain or black
Benefits of barberry plant
You can use this plant in food and drinks or jam and paste because it has countless properties.
- Fighting infections and inflammations
- Digestive problems
- treatment for diarrhea
- Improve indigestion
- Prevention and treatment of diabetes
- Contribute to cardiovascular health
- Cleansing the liver and gall bladder
- Eye health
- To stimulate the production of white blood cells
- Antioxidant properties
Harms of barberry plant
- Consuming too much of it causes stomach bloating.
- Excessive use of barberry and its derivatives (leaves and stems) is not suitable for pregnant women, it can cause miscarriage.
- If you take it for a long time and a lot, it will cause stomach and intestinal discomfort and make it difficult to absorb enough vitamin B in the body.
- Its leaf and bark extract causes poisoning if consumed without limits
- Using it too much will cause side effects such as shock, nausea, vomiting, blood pressure drop, heart rate drop, nosebleeds and kidney damage.
- Do not give its herbal extract to children without medical supervision.
- It is better not to use its herbal extract during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
black barberry (mountain)
Mountain barberry, which is often black or very dark red. It has various properties, it can be used to improve the health of people with metabolic syndrome, which causes diseases such as high blood pressure. Fortunately, barberry prevents the occurrence of this syndrome by having different compounds.
1. Properties of black barberry
This plant is rich in potassium, which helps to open blood vessels and prevent cardiovascular diseases and heart muscle spasms. People with heart failure should drink three cups of barberry juice or mountain barberry syrup daily, this will strengthen the heart and help treat heart failure.
2. Properties of brewed barberry
The properties of the brew are the same as the properties of the raw plant. Consuming tea or its brew helps regulate blood pressure and reduce fat.
Its brewed properties:
- Blood purification
- Kidney and liver cleansing
- Skin transparency
- Remove facial acne
- Slimming and weight loss
- Eliminate thirst and thirst
- Regulation of blood pressure
3. Properties of barberry water
- Relieves fever
- Strengthening the immune system
- Reduction of urea
- Epilepsy treatment
- Anti-rheumatic drug
- Improve back pain
4. Properties of barberry paste
Barberry paste has the same benefits as its fruit and is recommended for treating kidney stones, gall bladder stones, lowering blood pressure, improving stomach and treating anemia. People who suffer from acne and mouth ulcers can benefit from its properties. Its consumption reduces blood fat and improves digestion. It shrinks the stomach, the vitamin C in it helps to strengthen the immune system.
Uses of :
This plant is consumed in different forms, including raw fruit, cooked fruit, tea, syrup, jam, etc.
The products we offer are:
Barberry A Grade : link
Barberry B Grade : link